Wednesday, August 16, 2023

The Root Of All Fear / Rejection

I am not enough.

I don't have enough.

That is the root of all fear.

Looking at these with any sort of rational fact-checking almost always destroys their power. 

Even rejection is not real. It's just our fear telling us we aren't good enough without knowing all of the facts. Maybe your email ended up in somebody's spam folder. Maybe the person you contacted is out sick. Try and try again. 

 When rejection upsets you, you are living in the past. You're reliving past experiences. It's not happening anymore and it can't hurt you. 

Will you even remember this in the future?  Also, what rejections are you glad to have happened to you? Stuff that turned out better because of it? 

Several years ago, I accepted a government job because I thought I wanted security. It was the most menial mindless thing I've ever experienced. Myself and my boss agreed after 90 days that it simply wasn't working out, and I've never looked back. I can't thrive in an environment where there is no room for growth or creativity. 

This valuable lesson has helped me persist and make more money than ever. Granted, I am looking toward other more meaningful endeavors, but those will come once my mind is at peace. Every day, I am getting a little closer.

Rejection isn't personal. It's just somebody's opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment