Thursday, August 17, 2023

The Reverse Gap

Reverse gap thinking This is a coaching exercise to provide real evidence of where we've come from and how far we've come. 

Here are mine: 

1) I overcame a physically, emotionally and sexually abusive childhood. It was full of fear, uncertainty, pain, dread and suicidal ideation. 

I made it out. I'm 45 now. I conquered it. 

2) I am a blind man who has successfully navigated a sited word. I never saw a blackboard in school. I got headaches while reading books. I road my bike through dangerous traffic to work normal jobs with no accommodations. I never let my handicap stand in my way. 

3) I competed in one of the most brutal sports in the world (strongman) for 16 years. I trained, scheduled, and outlasted many simply due to hard work. I have a shelf full of trophies to show for it. I'm physically stronger than anyone I know. 

4) I got a Bachelor's degree in one of the hardest fields--history. I wrote dozens of excellent papers, read hundreds of books and graduated with a 3.8 GPA. I did this with no help and not being able to see the board. 

I'll type more later....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment