Monday, December 2, 2013

Impotent Anger: Civilization's Biggest Control Mechanism

Honesty is my worst character flaw. It has been nothing but a liability growing up in this society. I am unable to schmooze and endear myself to most of the populace because I am interested only in truth, not comforting lies.

I have to pretend that people who support the ruling class--the monopoly of violence with guns and jails--are anything but passive-aggressive oppressors. I have to grit my teeth and deal with individuals who don't care about anything but themselves, and who actually see that as a good thing. I have to humor petty disgusting people who think that selfishness is a virtue and that having a lot of money is an achievement regardless of how it's gotten.

The need for money makes me bottle my rage when people in the upper class use derogatory terms to my face as if it is normal. I am "the help" after all.

I have to sit back virtually powerless and watch these people destroy the planet and exploit the defenseless. This is called being "civilized". The entire Western culture is set up to protect sociopaths who, oftentimes, feel they are good people because they don't beat their wives--all the while keeping others down to uphold their materialistic lifestyles. 

Primitive tribes were generally egalitarian; that is, there were no hierarchies. Then the Europeans conquered them and destroyed equality--putting in place an immoral slave culture that assigns people rank based on what they own. Possessing more means exploiting more--turning the living into the dead. That is called progress.

There is no equality with capitalism. Once a creature has a price its value is based on subjectivity. What a sick, twisted way to view the Earth. Owning life. As if humans have any claim to the Earth. As if they were here before the Earth. As if the Earth could not swallow them where they stand.

The arrogance is astounding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment